Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Life is good

The past 13 months have been for the lack of better word, simply Incredible with the capital “I”. There were definitely moments of “low”, but those moments are simply nothing compared to the joy and laughter that they bring. We are so very blessed to have our precious miracle twinkies in our life.
They never fail to amaze me. Every. Single. Day. There is bound to be something new daily. Something funny. Something cute. Something naughty.
The twins changes every aspect of us. On our outlook in life in general. On my relationship with my darling hubby and my family. Through the little ones, I have learned so much. That I am capable of so much love for another being. So much so that I could barely contain them, at times I could feel my heart bursting. Bursting with love and pride. They have taught me the greatness and sacrifices of a mother. Patience. Selflessness.
My dearest husband. The man I respect and love so dearly. Being a parent now let me see you through a different light. There are moments of parenting disagreements. But I could not deny the tenderness I see in you while you change their soiled diapers. Midnight feedings. The nurturing warmth of a father. My love grow fonder as we walk and learn together through our parenting journey.
Let’s slow down and enjoy the moments. Let’s not sweat the small stuff. Let’s soak up and bask in the sunshine that radiates from our two very beautiful children.
My mum. My children’s 'poh poh'. Words could never express my gratitude for taking care of my children. For being there when I needed your support. I would have been so lost without you by my side during my early days of motherhood. Even now. You are my walking encyclopedia of becoming a good mum. Your abundance of knowledge, tenacity and resilience amazes me.
My babies are growing up so fast right before my eyes. I am so afraid. So afraid that I will forget all these phases that they are going through. Will I forget? Will I forget the first kiss Aiden planted on my cheek. Will I forget Alexis’ first smile. Will I forget their first attempt to communicate. Will I forget the sweetness of their baby scent. Amidst all the frantic moments of trying to document every single milestone for the future, I am afraid to forget to soak up the current moments. The current moment now that Aiden is learning to pat a toy dog and Alexis pointing to me where the fan is.
I will slow down and enjoy today. All the moments will be engraved and reflected in the two little great person we are bringing up.

I love you, Alexis and Aiden.

No comments:

Post a Comment