Friday, February 18, 2011

Ke-ray-zee

It has been a little crazy around the house for the past month. The super-keduper ‘Mensa IQ’ maid literally broke the toilet bowl! Some plumbing work to be done which includes changing of the whole toilet bowl in the master bedroom. The master bedroom was in a mess. Ok fine, we got that fixed.
Next, miraculously the hidden piping in the master bath burst leading to leakage in the water closet which leads to water seepage in our neighbor’s bedroom ceiling. Just like David Copperfield's magic trick. Cut the story short, another major hacking and plumbing works for 6 days, with water supply interruption and an unusable bathroom! (and I missed a gathering with some dear old friends). Now, the whole house was in a mess due to the construction. My Cambodian maid probably got numb to hearing me say 'fast fast clean clean".
It was like living in a 3rd world refugee camp with my 2 months old twins,... ok maybe I over exaggerated, but still, it literally drives me up the wall. I am a self proclaimed 'clean-aholic Queen'. My dear hubby could testify for that. If you asked my lil Aiden boy how was mummy handling it (and if he could understand), I am sure this expression will suffice. Nuff said.
I have submitted my resignation and starting a new job next month. I could only pray that all at the home front will be smooth. Clinging on to hope.... like clumpy mascara to eyelash, like the fat kid to ice cream, like the diarrhoea man to the toilet bowl.. ok too much info. Bye.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand your "pain"! Long live to all the clean-aholics!

    ReplyDelete