Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Simple Life

My resolution for 2010 is to simplify. Simplify our wardrobe. Simplify our diet. Simplify our home. I am de-cluttering. I think I sleep better knowing now my wardrobe will have more air to breathe than those poor fishes in Sungai Pinang. I am donating a third of my clothes to charity. Clothes that have been hanging there for too long. Clothes that will now serve better purpose. Who needs 20 pairs of jeans that no longer fit? Why would a household of two need 4 brooms, 3 toasters and a gazillion of mugs? I am parting with some of my bags and purses. Even if I rotate my bags weekly, I will have enough to last me a year. That should suffice to feed a small village in the third world. I am in the midst of de-cluttering our guest room which somehow has morph into a junk yard. I am a ‘keeper’. I keep too much. It is funny how identifying material things that I do not need is so refreshing.
I need to follow through my plan to de-clutter everything in our lives. And to live simply. To have more by desiring less.

No comments:

Post a Comment